WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?
Workforce Hub is a joint initiative developed by the Wausau Region Chamber of Commerce and MCDEVCO, Inc. The initiative was formed in January of 2014, to identify and bridge gaps between workforce and education.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE?
Support, strengthen, and align partnerships between businesses and educational resources to ensure the region is prepared to meet the skills and demands of the regional workforce.
WHAT ARE THE ACTION STEPS TO BE TAKEN?
- Identify current education/workforce development resources
- Determine Chamber’s role
- Identify needs of current businesses
- Identify gaps
- Prioritize needs
- Develop programs/services to bridge gaps
- Develop metrics to measure effectiveness of programs/services
- Market the effectiveness of programs/services